The Customized Logistics & Delivery Association has designed the following scholarship opportunity to be "An investment in the future growth, development, and well-being of our member families and the Final Mile community." Our organizations commitment to our members and communities we serve extends far beyond the last mile arena. The CLDA directors, management, and staff have maintained their resolve to be active in our “community” and assist with the future growth of our industry.
General Scholarship Program
Each year the CLDA will award up to two scholarships, each in the amount of $1250. Each scholarship will be awarded to a student that is part of the CLDA family of companies. This company must be a member in good standings with the CLDA. The decision as to who will receive the scholarships will be at the sole discretion of the of the scholarship committee and approved by its board of directors. If we do not receive any applications then no scholarship will be awarded for that area.
- Be a direct dependent of a member company employee in good standing with the CLDA at the time of application.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school or home school senior who meets the entrance requirements for an accredited college, university, trade school, or CDL driver education program.
- Applicant must submit a completed application packet to the CLDA Scholarship Committee Chair by the appointed deadline. Late application packets will not be accepted.
- Applicants meeting the above criteria will be eligible without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender identity or disability.
How to Apply
Along with a completed General Scholarship application, please provide the following by May 1, 2020:
- One page essay introducing yourself, reason for applying and potential future contributions to your community. Essay must be one-page, double-spaced; size 12 font and must include page header.
- Summary of student’s achievements, honors and extracurricular activities. Must include page header.
- Two Letters of Recommendation- One Letter of Recommendation from a school leader and one Letter of Recommendation from a community/industry leader.
- Copy of latest transcripts and SAT and/or ACT scores.